Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stella68

Roku 3900X gets too hot: Melted case.

I have 3 Roku 3900x throughout the house but use mainly one connected to my projector. They all get hot and I have to physically disconnect the device from the power outlet each time I am done using them. 

I just noticed that one of them has a slight deformation on the case due to heat so I am relocating it to allow more airflow. 

Would it help if I have it power via one of the projector's USB ports instead of the power brick to the wall? 

If that doesn't help, is there a way to get a replacement? I am not sure how safe this thing is. : (

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 3900X gets too hot: Melted case.

I’m going to have to tag @RokuKariza-D so that he can help you in this situation.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 3900X gets too hot: Melted case.

Hi @Stella68,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

For this overheating issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator