Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgoff12
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3 4200x Only Shows Background(no apps)

were back on line! Smiley Happy

Nhunt23
Reel Rookie

Your not alone this is the worst

0 Kudos
jlegitt

Mine just came back. Noticed there was a post about service interruption. Didn't realize that would cause loss of ability to use the device at all...

0 Kudos
Nhunt23
Reel Rookie

Mine just keeps resetting like it's going to work then cuts back off

0 Kudos
mgoff12
Reel Rookie

I know I never realized that I could not use anything else with a smart tv

0 Kudos
jmbraben
Binge Watcher

My HiSense 55R6090G doing same...as soon as it gets an internet connection there are problems (mine sits in boot loop). Obviously these TVs refuse to boot if they can't check for updates (or lock up if they are already booted). Factory reset before I realized what was going on. If you can kill internet connection, it will at least boot (pull cable if wired, but probably have to factory reset to get rid of wireless)
My Roku Ultras seem ok. Hopefully this will trigger a firmware update so not so stupid if can't get to server. I'm currently in zendesk support queue at number 14 (moving quick started at 300 and some)...we'll see what they say. 

0 Kudos
Nhunt23
Reel Rookie

Seems to have fixed working as normal now🙏🙏🙏 it continues

0 Kudos
lycooney

Same problem. Reset it after an hour only to find I should have left well enough alone. What a pain!

How will we know when we are able to activate?

0 Kudos
lycooney

Thanks for letting us know! I’ve messed with it so long I’m not sure I won’t to try again. I’m so so stressed!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

As some users have noted in this thread, please be aware that there was a reported Roku outage Wednesday evening that has been resolved.

Please keep us posted if you are still experiencing an issue and provide us with more information about the steps to reproduce the current issue.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos