Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afeldsott
Binge Watcher

Roku 2020 Ultra Audio skipping constantly in YouTube and Spotify

Jump to solution

This recently started happening on my Roku TV. I can stream Spectrum TV just fine. But YouTube audio is very choppy making it unusable. Used to work. Anybody figure this out?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JMcMac
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 2020 Ultra Audio skipping constantly in YouTube and Spotify

Jump to solution

Earphones in and connected. I tried it on 3 separate TVs and it fixed the problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @afeldsott,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the YouTube channel since the audio skips constantly. We're happy to help you. Please try to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart. If the problem still persists, please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
afeldsott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  I already tried the system restart through the Power menu, and made sure the app was up to date.  I even went as far as uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.  Same issue.

To clarify, I've got wireless earbuds connected to my iPhone with Roku app.  The audio quality is fine with other apps, but with YouTube, it super choppy - unlistenable.  I even tried it with different earbuds.  It worked up until very recently.

App Version 2.22, build 110005098

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @afeldsott,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for taking such fantastic troubleshooting steps. If the issue remains unresolved, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to assist best.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JMcMac
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem. Just YouTube started with chopped up audio. Not possible to listen. I did nothing. This just started on both my iPad and iPhone with the Roku remote app. Maddening that nobody can shed some light on this. 

0 Kudos
afeldsott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming. It helps when more than one person reports an issue. Hopefully we'll get a fix soon. 

0 Kudos
Superchick

Jump to solution

I too am having problems with my audio skipping/choppy with my AirPods only when watching YouTube. Issue started 09/28/23. Prior to that everything was fine. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting and replacement of batteries.

afeldsott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I would suggest we all go to the YouTube app on the TV, press the * button, select "give us feedback", "poor video or audio quality" and hit OK. 

0 Kudos
JMcMac
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The TV audio is fine. No issues whatsoever coming out of the tv speaker and my subwoofer. It only occurs when I switch to listening through my Apple Air Pods using the app on either my iPad or iPhone and it’s only (for me anyway) with YouTube videos. I’ve made zero changes to anything on my end - this just started happening in the last week or so. Completely garbled audio on any YouTube selection. Switch to YouTube TV or Apple + or Paramount and there are no issues. 

0 Kudos
afeldsott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yep. Same here. 

0 Kudos