Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrat

Reverting back to Home Screen

My Roku tv is reverting me back to the Home Screen wvwrytime I try to click a channel in hulu, netflix, typhoon lab tv, you tube, and other apps. This just started happening. I tried rebooting, unplugging and that replugging back in, and removing the app-restarting device-and then adding the channel back. Still as soon as I click on a channel in these apps it reverts me back to Home Screen immediately. Especially on typhoon lab tv and Netflix.  Can someone please tell me how to fix this?  

MODEL# D209X Roku TV

SERIAL# XOO7OOUS831Y

DEVICE ID# SOFDD22S831Y

This happens on:  Typhoon LabTV, Netflix, You Tube, Hulu  almost apps on the device   

ISSUE ID#. 1Y-395-585

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Reverting back to Home Screen

@Patrat 

Try restarting/rebooting all your network equipment. (modem/router/extenders, etc).

If you have a mobile hotspot available to you, try connecting your RokuTV to the hotspot and see if issue persists.  If everything works while on hotspot, then narrowing issue down to network or internet connection.

Feel free to post back with router model number and ISP (internet service provider) if still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Patrat

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the steps outlined by @AvsGunnar, can you please provide us with the OS of your Roku TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NormG
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem with my new Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820X and Typhoon Labs. I've tried it on two different TVs and have rebooted my router. When I select a station the screen goes back to the home menu.

I've tried the Typoon Labs free trial on my tablet without any problems. I noticed the small screen preview shows on the tablet, but not in the TV menu. I doubt it is the router.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NormG

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NormG
Reel Rookie

Plugged into the wall.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@NormG 

Typhoon Labs is an IPTV provider.  Looks they they recently moved to new domain.  https://typhoonlabs.net/

Best to just contact them there and inquire about issues with their service since they have live 24/7 chat support.

A simple browsing of their About page seems to indicate that it is just another suspect/pirate IPTV service though.  Their telegram channel consists of a whopping 8 members.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
dr2828

this also happens to me but I am not running one of those streaming apps. just streaming on Spectrum TV .  after watching Tv on any channel, after 5-10-15 mins it reverts to home screen and I have to pick Spectrum again then it goes back to my original viewed channel for another 5 mins.  I updated roku, restarted, unplugged roku and let it reboot, but same thing.  help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @dr2828

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ShariC1961

I'm having the same issue. It just started about a month ago. I'm usually watching either Real America's Voice or NewsMax using the apps for those networks. I've checked for updates, deleted the app, restarted the device and then reloaded the app. After 5 to 15 minutes, it will revert back to the home screen. It's very annoying, enough so that I keep my remote very close so I can immediately press the app again to go back to what I was watching. I've unplugged the TV and restarted the network router, but it still does the same thing. I've tried everything! Mine is a Westinghouse Model WR58UX4019, Hardware ID 7821X, Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-A9. I don't want to reset and lose all my settings. Please help!

Shari

0 Kudos