Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Line at top of my roku display screen

There is a red line at the top of my display screen. Not sure what it is. Looks to be an arrow of some sort. Thought it could be an overheating message/maybe a not connected to internet message/overheating message. NOT SURE! But everything is connected and working fine, just concerned my roku is broken and causing a shortage and damaging my HDMI ports from this error. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Red Line at top of my roku display screen

@Clearancequeen 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you provide us with a screenshot of the issue that you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Employee

@Clearancequeen Thanks for the note. We took a look and it appears that you may be referring to the red arrow used for the 'Love Balloons' theme between the Home screen clock and the Options * text on the Home screen. 

You can go into Settings>Themes and change your theme to another selection if you'd like to remove the red line/arrow. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
DeannaSmall
Level 7

Hi, I an experiencing the same issue but I have not been able to remove it. 

0 Kudos
Itsssantttt
Level 7

image.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Itsssantttt

Thanks for the post.

When you go to the Roku Home screen are still able to the Red Line? When do you see the red line?

Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? If it is a Roku TV what was your Roku TV brand?

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
DeannaSmall
Level 7

Hi, the red mark I was referring to is sort of like a symbol, and it has been here since I purchased it and no one was ever able to figure out the issue. It appears on every screen and has never disappeared. This is an onn roku tv. 

0 Kudos
DeannaSmall
Level 7

E5F6B01C-7F9D-41C3-B075-05C18968357F.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@DeannaSmall

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you tried contacting ONN Roku tv support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
DeannaSmall
Level 7

Yes, I did but they couldn’t figure out the issue either. 

0 Kudos