Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube app slowly becoming unusable

@Destiny777 wrote:

Basically youtube app is useless! I've tried everything suggested all other apps work just fine on Roku , YouTube works find on computer phone not on Roku TV. The issue isn't us or YouTube

No, the problem is Google, who owns YouTube and provides the app for Roku devices. It doesn't matter if it works fine on your computer or phone. Those are written in a completely different programming language than what is used on Rokus. Google isn't programming their app/channel well enough to account for the wide range of hardware found on Roku devices, and only they can resolve the problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Just for reference, the version of YouTube I am using is 2.20 and the build is 110005159.

0 Kudos
Ic4rest

I've got Comcast and 4k express roku stick with YouTube issue too. Only the YouTube app has issues. I've tried so many things to resolve this including those suggestions noted in these posts. Weirder than that is sometimes it works fine.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ic4rest,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. For us to provide you with an accurate resolution, could you please elaborate more on this concern? Are you experiencing a black screen when accessing the YouTube app on your Roku device? Was the app unable to load and is experiencing a kickback on your Roku home screen when launched? Are there specific error messages shown?

Additionally, could you provide us with these details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

We're anticipating your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos