Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fletcher1
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix app laggy and crashes Roku

I have 4 Roku TVs in my home and all 4 of them have lagging issues with Netflix. I recently purchased a Google TV and I haven't had a single problem with the Netflix app. This seriously seems to be a Roku problem with the Netflix app. I'm seriously considering buying Google TVs to replace the rest of the Roku TVs. These are not devices but actual Roku TVs. We're talking hundreds of dollars each just to keep doing that whole "Are you sure that it is plugged in correctly" **bleep**. I always get the same thing from every tech problem. I can recite just one of them and it's the same thing for tech support stuff. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Roku Community, @Fletcher1!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with the Netflix channel on your Roku TV. No worries! We're here to offer some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming.

Before proceeding, may we know if any error messages are prompted on your screen? If so, kindly let us know. Additionally, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps provided below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

Furthermore, please be informed that the channel provider themselves, which in this case, Netflix Support, are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. If the issue persists, we highly recommend contacting their support directly and raising your playback issues. Their channel may need an update from them.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fletcher1
Reel Rookie

As I said in my post. Your trouble shooting is the same as every other tech support answer and to do the same things. If I haven't already done all of that I wouldn't have posted this. That just proves to me that I need to get rid of my Roku TVs and buy Google TVs. But thanks for all of your useless help.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fletcher1,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments regarding the issue you are experiencing, and we would feel the same way. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos