Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Targo

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

So this thread has been going on for a year or more? Found it while researching our issue of being kicked out.  Does Roku have a fix for this or time to go to a Fire tv? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Targo,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to investigate this issue further. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify) Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

The short answer is no. They tend to blame the user and think they are dumb. Dozens of times users have provided the requested info and done all the things asked but no fix. The software is flawed. When they ask you to try another network... How many people have several networks in their home ? Roku is clueless

Kathiell
Binge Watcher

Agreed. They show a high level of disrespect for the customers that built this company. Can you imagine a thread like this at Microsoft or Google? No. Because they want to succeed through offering a quality product.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @mandy11 @Kathiell.

We completely understand your input and sincerely apologize for all the trouble this has caused.

Please be aware that our Engineering team is currently in the process of determining the root cause and finding the best resolution possible for a better experience in streaming through Roku. 

We humbly request for those affected to try and connect to an alternative network to make sure that this isn't the primary cause of the currently ongoing issue, as this is the usual reported cause of playback concerns that we have received. 

Nevertheless, rest assured that this has been prioritized as your convenience is what we always aim for. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. 

Sincerely,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrbrame
Reel Rookie

The latest software push is the problem. Roll back the update and then figure out the programmers mistake. The customers are being denied their services due to your software. I can feel a class action coming for the service fees of the months of service lost to streaming services due to your product.

0 Kudos
Richcar101
Reel Rookie

what do you mean currently in the process? This has been going on for a year. If you can’t figure out the problem is with your software and fix it then why don’t you just get out of the business? People sure don’t like to be taken advantage of and ripped off!

0 Kudos

I've done all those suggestions, and nothing works. 

It so far is just Movies Anywhere App

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dnaylor5,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing the device information. Please be aware that we have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scrapchk

Brand new Roku Streambar and no app will stay connected. Even some menu options will pop out back to the Home Screen. I have done your entire checklist of troubleshooting and the issue still persists.  I am at a loss. All my other older Roku devices work fine.  I’m ready to return this new Roku and give up. 

0 Kudos