Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Can you please provide the following information below?

• May we know what kind of Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
McCrash
Binge Watcher

Read. The. Thread.

We don't work for you. YOU broke our paid for and operational product.

Undo the last update, problem solved.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @McCrash,

Thank you for updating us!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

John = Junk Operations Handling Network

You are talking to a machine. If it was a human it would have read this whole thread and would be able to figure it out.  The JOHN only knows how to stall by asking the same questions over and over.

0 Kudos
McCrash
Binge Watcher

I know, that's why I'm being sassy. AI gonna learn....... sooner or later.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is the shows will load and play and midway the shows will stop, on screen message is Failed to load content Press OK to reload but the screen is frozen!  Remote is useless and the only remedy is to unplug the stick and plug back in.  I feel the Roku Stick is defective after only one week.  WI-Fi is connected and strong signal. Please reply.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Anonymous,

A warm welcome in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for joining us here and for sharing you're experience about this playback issue. This case is still under investigation and we don't have further available update about this. In the meantime, could you also share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channels you're having an issue

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Anonymous,

Thanks for your prompt response and for sharing the details.

In addition, have you made some changes to your router recently? We would also suggest trying to connect your device to an alternative network and then trying again to see if that makes a difference.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Froze again, nothing works.  Taking it back to the store now!  I only have one Wi-Fi network to connect to and it’s a strong network.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you, @Anonymous.

Have you tried the suggestion of @RokuERey above? We need to make sure that this issue occurs even with different network connections to see the difference. Sometimes, even if you have a very strong and fast network connection, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays or no playback at all.

With this being said, may we know who is your Internet Service Provider? Are you somehow using a VPN?

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos