Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

I agree that they have zero intentions on fixing the issue and if I didn’t have 8 tvs with Roku devices and jerry-rigged a fix on my problem device; I would be ordering myself a fire stick.  

0 Kudos
Geezer1
Reel Rookie

ID 56-496-546

0 Kudos

This started happening on my Roku 2 and Roku Ultra a "few" days ago. I have been using both devices without issue for many years.

Discovery+ and PlexTV channels NOW both play video for 3 minutes and then they stop and the home screen appears.

Repeatable on two Roku devices. What's special NOW about 3 minutes? These channels have worked fine for years.

I removed the PlexTV Channel from Roku 2 and re added it. Same issue with new channel install.

Model: 4210X - Roku 2
Serial number: 5Y25AA165853
Software version: 12.5.0 build 4182-04
GC version: 10.4.37
Timestamp: 2023-12-11T19:51:44Z

ID 53-496-551

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Firstly, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention and cooperating with us regarding the troubleshooting methods we provided to resolve this issue to no avail.

With this being said, we have already communicated this to the appropriate Roku team for further review and to find you the best resolution possible. 

Your satisfaction and convenience are what we always aim for which is why we will keep an eye on and work on this to try and resolve it as soon as we can. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
McCrash
Binge Watcher

2 year old Roku Ultra. This week it started closing apps and going to Home Screen. Tried all of the updates, restarts, unplugs, etc. Hardwired Internet, Roku plugged into wall outlet directly. WTF over?

Just did it for the 6th time in 30 minutes with Youtube. Does it with Adult Swim, Retro TV, ESPN during freaking HOCKEY. Bummer........

Funny how it never does it during the commercials on Youtube, even if I let the minutes long ones run.

0 Kudos
Geezer1
Reel Rookie

It now happens even with Sirius Xm played on Roku.

I thought casting Disney+ from my phone to Roku might do the trick, but that doesn't work either. 

There is obviously something seriously wrong with Roku. And no sign of a solution.

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

I don’t know how to say this any plainer 

the Roku device is a POS. 
well maybe not the device it’s the software behind it.

The Roku experts just jack you around hoping the engineers will come up with a solution. 
unfortunately the problem morphs and becomes something just a little different each week. 
do your self a favor and get a different streaming device. 
if you doubt me just google Roku device problems

0 Kudos
Debwdw

I had same issue, I tried everything. The system reboot (reset to factory) is the only thing that worked. I am now nervous about turning it on today because I know it automatically updates. THE LATEST UPDATE IS THE ISSUE...HOW DO WE TURN OFF AUTO UPDATES????. 

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

lay the Roku on a solid surface. Locate the purple button that says OK. 
hit it once. 
with a 10 pound sledge hammer.
Guaranteed to never skip again. 

0 Kudos
McCrash
Binge Watcher

Today Youtube goes to a black screen as soon as I click it. Then I hit the OK button and it goes to a small video (1/4 frame-ish) in the upper left, like I am on the desktop Youtube page. Then it does nothin.

Last night I gave up and used the apps in my Samsung tv. No issues. Also no voice commands. Le sigh.

0 Kudos