Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbriceland

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

everything you have suggested and still kicks me out of any app back to home page

0 Kudos
plutoaddict
Binge Watcher

A hard reset solved the problem.

Disconnect the Roku device from the TV and the power supply, then wait 30 seconds. Reconnect to the TV and the power supply, and when the bouncing Roku screen comes up on the TV, press the reset button on the Roku device and hold it pressed for 20 seconds.

This takes you to the Roku setup screen and then it's time to set up the device all over again like you did when you first got the Roku.

Pretty sure the last software update caused this. Not fun, Roku.

TWDay
Binge Watcher

Yep, I did the same thing and got the same results. After the reset it seems to be working fine.

BJames
Binge Watcher

Hi AnnoyedLady, your name truly reflects our feelings about Roku.  For months people have been posting about these problems and Roku has never, NEVER posted a solution!  So, are we annoyed.?  YES WE ARE.  I still own 2 OLD Rokus that work great but returned the new one I bought when it repeatedly failed.  So, I suggest that instead of complaining about someone that is annoyed with your product, you find and post a SOLUTION to this problem!  I love my 2 Rokus that actually WORK but will never buy another one based on my recent experience.  

wolf8253

Thank you @plutoaddict. Your instructions for a hard reset is the only solution that worked. Ridiculous when a company breaks their own device and has no solution themselves. Their update added more clutter to my home screen in my opinion too

Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

That’s how I fixed mine.  Had an old Roku box.  Installed it on my Roku tv and no more kick outs.  

Renea1

I’m having the same issues with all my apps. I have tried the above steps s with no resolution 

wmevans2000
Reel Rookie

I’m have the same problem and it just started a few days ago out of the blue and I’m not sure how to go about to fix it , jumping threw all those steps is confusing to me I’m thinking of tossing the roku and getting another brand 

wmevans2000
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried all there troubleshooting ideas and nothing has worked , it’s there doing and they are either trying to cover it up or stalling by saying troubleshooting may fix it when they know it won’t and they have had plenty of time to fix the problem so I’m going to go out and buy another system other then roku later today , who is with me ?!?! 

Kathiell
Binge Watcher

There are a ton of sales right now on Amazon Fire sticks. Roku keeps laying off people and thinking that will help the company, obviously they never heard the definition of insanity.