Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandy11
Roku Guru

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

The problem this thread is about is when you are watching any one of a number of apps  you are periodically returned to the Roku Home Screen and you have to start watching your app all over again. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

We completely understand your input and sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused. 

We are asking for those details as requested by the appropriate Roku team to determine the root cause of this occurring issue effectively and provide you with an accurate resolution or correct the issue successfully.

Your Roku streaming devices are uniquely made which is why we need each of your device's information and most importantly the Issue ID for us to assess your concerns better. With this being said, kindly provide us with the details requested by @RokuJanadeeK.

We hope this clears everything. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address and we'd be more than willing to listen and give further clarifications.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Youngs4him

We have followed all above mentioned problem solving steps each night and have excellent internet and we continue to be kicked out of apps after 30 seconds. We are ready to get rid of all Roku devices if there is no help. Please help!

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

In 24 pages covering 240 posts. There are 3 proven solutions to your problem. They all work equally well and don't need a lot of technical skill. Pick your poison.

06-11-2023 12:09 PM

If I was trying to find the problem I would ask myself a few questions.

1. Are there thousands of people having the same problem ? ....... Answer: Yes

2. Do those thousands have hundreds of different model devices the problem occurs on ?.... Answer: Yes

3. Have all these people Updated every imaginal device and software ?..... Answer : Yes

4. Have they all unplugged, Installed and Reinstalled there devices and apps ?....Answer: Yes

5. What  is the one thing that all these people have in common besides the problem ? Answer: Roku devices.

6. What can you do to solve the problem ? Get rid of the common denominator and get another streaming device. Problem solved.

06-21-2023 02:18 PM

Did anyone notice all the Roku moderators have gone to the dark side. Mary, Kariza and Lianna where are you ?

I wouldn't poke my nose into this subject either if I represented Roku. Or maybe they are helping hundreds of other customers waste their time updating, emptying cache, removing channels , re-installing channels and all the other malarkey they propose. The only real cure is to remove Roku and get a device that works....

07-08-2023 09:54 PM

Yes we do

Replace batteries in your remote

Remove and reinstall all your apps

Update Roku and or your TV's software

Hit the home button five times then the up arrow six times then while holding the microphone button say Update remote  three times. Release the microphone button and open the battery compartment.

Remove the batteries and set aside ( you will need them later )

Open the window and throw the remote as far as you can and then use the batteries in your new apple fire stick

See now wasn't that easy ??

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you so much for all the information you have provided. Rest assured, these are all taken care of. We still need an additional update. Besides Netflix, would you mind specifying other channels that were affected? We'd like to add this information to the note.

Once this information is available, we'll be able to relay it to the appropriate team for an additional investigation.

We're hoping for your response.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

Amazon Prime

Hulu

Pluto

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for confirming, @Teresaluther.

As we have backtracked your posts, we believe you haven't provided the Tracker ID yet. That being said, would you mind providing the tracker ID? To do so, when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate support team to further review this issue on your device. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arthurucf
Reel Rookie

Hi Janadee,

it only happens with the Netflix app. I have taken all the steps suggested. I’m just frustrated and disappointed about this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for confirming, @arthurucf.

Please provide us with the details requested in the previous posts.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
plutoaddict
Binge Watcher

Exact same problem here, started today but with different apps though: Pluto, YouTube, Paramount, Amazon. The app doesn't seem to matter. Video plays for a few minutes then exits to home screen.

Roku Ultra 4660X

software 12.5.0 build 4178-46

0 Kudos