Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Hi @arthurucf,

Thank you for sharing this information with us!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kathiell,

Thank you for updating us!

We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Luvstruth,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having an issue with two channels that are going back to the home screen. Can you please rename the two channels that you're having a problem with? Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

We'll wait for your response, and we hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

I did provide that information if you would just scroll up…

0 Kudos
Luvstruth
Reel Rookie

It wasn’t Roku that was the problem. It was my parent controls from my router that was preventing certain apps from opening. 

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

This thread is about being kicked back to the home screen periodically not apps not opening lol

0 Kudos
Luvstruth
Reel Rookie

Miss Mandy,

My original post in the thread was on topic.  Yesterday, I posted how I was able to solve it, wanting to share it with others.  Isn’t that the whole reason we on this community format, to help others solve their technical issues?  I hope you have a restful day. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We understand that you're having playback issues with multiple apps on your Roku device. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

If you have already provided these details, you can just disregard this post, as we have already collected your details and forwarded them to our team. For those who have not provided the details yet, we look forward to hearing back from you. Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

They do that in all threads It is Roku talking points. It's all your fault and all you need to do is change batteries , Reset your device, Update your apps,  Press the Home button on your remote 5 times, then press Up and press down and press all around and then send them the results. And then they will come back with another excuse like your wifi is congested and run you around the rosie again. I think it's all a game

0 Kudos
dejathoris
Channel Surfer

It was doing the same to me, sending me to somewhere elses other than what I was trying to watch. As I posted before in this topic, it was the  Roku (radio wave) remote. Radio interference was making my Ultra -think- I was pushing a button or buttons on the remote. The solution I found was to switch to a "simple IR" remote and unpair the rf-remote. Then the ghost button pushes stopped and have not returned so far.

0 Kudos