Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandy11
Roku Guru

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

It’s really nice to find some one else that understands the problem. 
thanks for the breath of fresh air BJ

0 Kudos
Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

I just had my internet provider out and they replaced my old equipment so I’m pretty sure it’s not the network. It’s less than 20 feet from the wifi.  

0 Kudos
Kathiell
Binge Watcher

We can't all have defective wifi that replicates the exact same problem. They are obviously planning on going out of business soon and don't care what customers are dealing with on these devices.

0 Kudos
Richcar101
Reel Rookie

Mandy11,

I have a Roku Quad HD, and mine is also kicking me back to the Home Screen. But sometimes the Home Screen is black with no tiles or background but the menu is on the left side of the screen . When that happens the only fix is to scroll the menu to system restart and then the normal Home Screen comes back.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us informed, @arthurucf.

We appreciate the details you have shared above and have already collected them. However, our appropriate team might need additional information. That being said, can you confirm if Netflix is the only app that has this issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Please update us so we can share all these details with our team.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arthurucf
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I have taken all the steps as you mentioned to do in the post (restart, updating app, reinstalling app, restarting the router). Netflix is the only app this happens with. 

Arthur

0 Kudos
Kathiell
Binge Watcher

Same. On old models it does not do this. Netflix, Plex and and even Philo (others too) boot you out randomly.

0 Kudos
dejathoris
Channel Surfer

A month ago, I would have been posting a "me too" on this topic". But I found a solution that works.

The remotes that come with the newer Rokus use radio waves to communicate with their Roku player. And those radio waves are vulnerable to interference from other electronic devices. Especially other brands of radio-remotes. The source of interference does not even have to be inside your house. My hypothesis is that radio interference can be seen as button presses by the player.

The solution that worked for me was to unpair the included radio-remote from my Roku Ultra, and switch to a "simple IR (infrared)" remote. To unpair the remote, I needed to do a factory reset on the Roku with the batteries removed from the remote. And then go through the reset process using the simple-IR remote. The player responds to simple-IR remotes without any pairing required.

For me, no more ghost button pushing.

Of course, simple-IR remotes can not do voice commands. And I do not know how well this would work for stick models behind the tv, Unless you had an extender cable and could position the stick in front of the tv.

0 Kudos
Luvstruth
Reel Rookie

I disconnected the Roku for more than 30sec.  I am still having the same problem for only two of my apps, not others.  I just added my streaming info to a new tv that isn’t ROKU, does that have something to do with it? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Teresaluther,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide the complete information that @RokuTakashi provided above?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos