Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandy11
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

You are talking to a machine. It uses AI to answer your questions 

AI = Abysmal Intelligence 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kathiell,

Thanks for the post!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.).
  • What version or build of the channel is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.).
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BJames
Binge Watcher

John, haven't you read all the previous posts?  Are you a robot?  How much info do you need?  Dozens of people have provided all the info to Roku requested by on this topic already.  You ask what have you tried to solve this problem......  We have all tried every option outlined by many previous community moderators.  Oh, by the way every community moderator ask us to try the same things over and over.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your input, @BJames 

We completely understand your input and sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Please be informed that we have asked for those details as we are aware of the issue and are currently communicating with the appropriate Roku team to coordinate further investigation and find you the best resolution possible. Those details are requested and collected for the team to review as well as include in the process of correction. 

We hope this clears everything out. In the meantime, we humbly ask for a little bit more of your patience as we work on this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jerryd3

I have the same problem with MAX.  When I start an episode (any episode/show/movie), it is sound only.  After about a minute, the picture comes on and then seconds later I am kicked out and back to the home screen with all of the apps.

I have read all 30+ pages of responses and followed every suggested fix.  I have done a complete reset 3 times.  Nothing works.  Do you have any new suggestions?

Thank you,

Jerry

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

I am glad you asked jerry.

If i was a betting person I would bet that either of the following suggestions will cure your problem instantly .

1. Buy a Fire Stick

2. Buy an Apple 4k

dnaylor5
Channel Surfer

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

I don't think we'll ever get a solution my TVs do that too. They keep posting the same thing without providing any real answers.

jen-B
Reel Rookie

Hello,

My post is a few months later than those posted before me and I am still experiencing the same issue. It happens regardless of which streaming app is playing, after about 30mins it will freeze and go back to the home screen. Any resolutions yet?

Thank you

-jen B

0 Kudos