Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Over_it_already
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Trust me I get that the easiest thing is just return the thing and go look for a different option but and that's the one I'll end up pursuing if it's even an option at this point but there's no way you guys don't understand how frustrating it is to see this post. 

You want my advice? Probably not, but here it is anyways just get rid of this post do yourselfs the favor of doing what yall seem to have been doing ignore it fully and just get rid of this then yall can't block out the words "roku kicks me out of my apps" from your guys word banks and never have to deal with this issue again and just continue what yall been doing 

mandy11
Roku Guru

I think I said pretty much the same things 15 to 20 pages back. 
I would leave the thread up though so people can see how inept Roku is. 

Yepitsme
Reel Rookie

God bless you! Your message just gave me hope for the Human species. I am elated to see that others(at least one at any rate) exist out there with common sense, presence of mind for simple analytical extrapolation of thought/reasoning, and demonstrating a selfless concern for others. Been following this thread for nearly a couple years now(I inexplicably cannot bring myself to unsubscribe) with an endless chain of people complaining of the same issues and asking the same --incessantly corporate tech/roku unanswered-- questions. All while apparently(?) not having the merest basic simple mental acuity/wherewithal to review this thread to whatever point hadn't been deleted at the time. You, dear cherished member of our community at large, offered the best advice to everyone who joins this thread. Sadly, advice which I --perhaps erringly(?)-- would think that they shouldn't need to be offered and just as apparently(?) will likely never read. You are correct and appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

We appreciate you letting us know about this.

Kindly provide us with the information asked by @RokuArjiemar above so we can escalate this to our engineering team. Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We'll be waiting for your information so we can escalate further to our appropriate Roku team.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Your best option would be to return it because Roku doesn’t have a clue and you are wasting your time here lol

Over_it_already
Reel Rookie

Now this is a real person 

0 Kudos
Suejetski
Channel Surfer

@mandy11 

I think you’re right! Unfortunately, my tv is several years past the return date. 

It’s ridiculous to suggest it’s my router when 1) only some apps are effected and 2) it happened AFTER they were in there fiddling around. But I guess I’ll have to play their game. 

If you can’t make your software better when you make an update - LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Respectfully, I don’t really care about your suggestions for my New Years Eve anyway. 

0 Kudos
Suejetski
Channel Surfer

@RokuEuniceL

I will jump through the Roku “unplug-everything” hoop after the holiday. I have other things to do. Besides, why rush it? Doesn’t seem like it has worked for the other 31 pages of users who have asked for help. Why has this been an unresolved issue since February?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Over_it_already and @Suejetski,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with the streaming channels on your device.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kathiell
Binge Watcher

Can't wait until this ridiculous thread is entered into evidence for the class action.

0 Kudos