Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Hi, @LadyBudda @Mommacowhick08

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your experience with us regarding the kickback issue on your Roku device. We'd like to gather further information so it can be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team who will investigate this case. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Time solves all things Grasshopper. It also brings new bugs. There are thousands of people who have these problems and as soon as Roku assembles all the Code and model information from the people who press the up button five times followed by the home button five times they will gladly provide you with a solution.  Alas by that time you will be off on another Roku Goose chase.....

We purchased a new Roku and are still having a problem. It keeps clicking and opening apps we are choosing 

mandy11
Roku Guru

Wow. If that’s all it’s doing you must have got a good one. Lol

Todd80
Binge Watcher

😆 Probably cause they are older models. 🤣

0 Kudos
Todd80
Binge Watcher

If mine acts up to the point that I get a new one, I'm switching to google. Hoping its better. I'll do some research next time. 

0 Kudos
LadyBudda
Reel Rookie

Time to get rid of all Roku products and go to Amazon FireStick or something - because , it doesn’t seem like there is a resolution in sight and we all keep getting the same generic response back from them .

Wish I would have known how bad Roku products suck before I wasted my time and my money ! 

#BOYCOTTROKU #ROKUSUCKS 🤬😡

Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

When watching apps on Roku it will randomly go back to the Home Screen. It so far seems to happen at random times. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

Hi @Coldfire989,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd like to investigate further with this issue. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify) May we know what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kathiell
Binge Watcher

Re: Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

All of them. We have all tried everything posted here and then some. Why don't you just fix it? If thousands of people on numerous devices all sharing the same error, based on your product, why not just fix it?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.