Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boe
Reel Rookie

Re: FLAC Direct Play Supported?

I can stream flac to my shield using plex server to plex player but using that same server it will not stream on my Roku.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @boe

Thanks for your post. 

We would like to know more about how we can help. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
boe
Reel Rookie

Thanks - I'm using the latest plex server on my windows workstation and the latest plex player on my roku ultra - which is also on the latest release.   It is very vanilla as they only things I've installed on it since I took it out of the box is plex and pluto.

In plex player on my roku ultra, I have no issue streaming MKVs from my plex player.   I can stream MP3's without issue as well.   When I attempt to stream flac music files (mostly all stereo) I'll get playback not supported even though it can see the file and it shows the audio peaks.   Sometimes it will play part of the piece of music but then shortly into it, it will say playback not supported and ask if I want to skip or retry.  It may play a few seconds of the next song and have the same issue or just not play the first or next flac file.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @boe,

Thanks for following up.

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information including which players support this feature, check out the article that explains How to use Roku Media Player to play your videos, music and photos | Official Roku Support

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos