Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Photobear17
Reel Rookie

Randomly screen blackout/lock up

I have multiple Roku devices, one Ultra device will randomly stop playback, screen goes black and audio silences….you have to hit “home”, and everything works fine after that.  No particular channel one streaming service….cant reproduce…just happens.  Good wireless signal, have tried restart of system, etc.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Randomly screen blackout/lock up

Hi @Photobear17,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. May we know how far your Roku device is from your network router? Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Photobear17
Reel Rookie

The device is only about a foot from the router….brand new eero system.

the ‘lockup’ tends to happen more frequently near the end of shows, but not identified a specific channel, and it doesn’t always happen.  As I’d mentioned in my initial post, we are unable to recreate the problem, as there is no set pattern.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Photobear17,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your streaming problem on your Roku device. As our first troubleshooting step, please try restarting your network router. Since the Roku device is very dependent on the internet, it will help improve its performance, resolve certain issues, clear its cache, refresh its settings, and improve its connection to the internet.

If the issue persists, please try connecting your Roku device to a mobile hotspot to see if the issue persists.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos