Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TP99

RT content isn't streaming on the Rumble Channel

Jump to solution

So it appears RT, about the best World News channel, has been blocked on the Rumble Channel received through ROKU by ROKU. They say is "propaganda". Well, there may be some propaganda, perhaps 20%, the rest is news from around the world. Perhaps the US Gov does not want American Citizens to learn whats really going on in the world. Perhaps ROKU should be blocking the MSM being that their product is about 90% BS "propaganda". Keeping Americans dumb seems to be the plan and it appears ROKU is all in.

I would request ROKU promote Freedom of Speech and support Americans who want to learn more about the world and not continue to be the sheep of the MSM.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ROKU strips RT content from Rumble Channel

Jump to solution

Hi there! It sounds like this is now resolved, so we're going to go ahead and close this thread.

Please reach out to the channel directly as they control their content offerings. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TP99 

RT was removed from Roku platform, but you can still watch it on Rumble (both online at the Rumble website, or on your Roku device using the Rumble channel/app).  It is still there and not "blocked".

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/9d7828c984f24d379ee54f2f2028361f/rumble

Not real sure why you linked to a bunch of search terms in your original posting, though.

----

After launching the Rumble channel/app on your Roku device, just search for RT if not already in your subscriptions.  If it is, it will be located under the "Following" category on the left sidebar.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
delizaf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is still a problem, over a week later.  RT on Rumble on Roku doesn't work (apart from RT documentary channel).  Constantly getting "connection timed out" messages.  It's only RT (as far as I can tell) and given that Roku deleted (censored) the RT channel in the past it is suspicious.  Is Roku involved in this?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@delizaf 

"Is Roku involved in this?"

---

As I have indicated elsewhere in this forum, I think the decision to remove RT was a poor and reactionary decision by these tech companies including Roku, but I think the Russian hysteria is over.  It also helps to reinforce the notion that due to past actions like this, people start to lose trust in these companies and do become suspicious when something isn't working.

However, I just checked and the RT Livestream on my Roku Rumble channel/app is playing fine.

Roku cannot simply just go in and "fiddle" with other developer's channels, so you can rest assured that is not occuring here.

-----

Generally, rebooting both the Roku device and the router should be the first step when having issues.  I have never received the "connection timed out" message when using Rumble with individual content creator's channel..  Either the creator's page will spin forever, or just quickly fails to load and returns to the selection page.

If the reboot of both the router and Roku device does not work, try the Remove, Restart, Reinstall procedure. (Remove Channel. Perform a System Restart on the Roku device to clear cache.  Reinstall Channel.).

Otherwise, you may need to reach out to Rumble support to see if they have a known issue they are working on  or can look into it. support@rumble.com

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

atc98092

Jump to solution

No, Roku is not doing anything within a 3rd party app/channel. If Rumble is having problems, it's something that Rumble has to fix. It might be a server problem on their end, or they have something programmed wrong in their app. There's no way Roku can block content within a channel provided by another service. 

Roku doesn't "censor". If a channel is removed from availability, it means the provider has violated the terms of service. The same rules apply to all channel providers. If you consider not allowing certain adult content on their devices, I guess you could call that censorship. But remember that the first amendment only restricts the government from hindering free speech. Private companies are will within their rights to not allow certain content within their sphere of control. Newspapers are not required to publish everything that is sent to them. TV news stations the same. Online providers have the same authority. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jmanaz

Jump to solution

I do not believe you one bit. I am a network engineer and know a thing or two; shall I post packet captures to prove it?

0 Kudos
delizaf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi there, thank you for the suggestion- I emailed Rumble, and the problem is (mostly) fixed.   The RT livestream (mostly) works, but the short clips still send a connection timed out message.  I realized it seemed unlikely to be a Roku problem, but as you said they have censored in the past, and I thought I was more likely to get helpful feedback on this board.  Thank you again! I hope the Rumble Roku app will improve with time. 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there! It sounds like this is now resolved, so we're going to go ahead and close this thread.

Please reach out to the channel directly as they control their content offerings. 

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos