Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kdshaw

Re: ROKU turning on my TV at night

I just purchased Roku Premiere and set it up on my 2 year old Vizio TV.  I have never had problems with my TV until I hooked up the Roku.  Now my TV comes on randomly all day long.  I have read and tried all the suggestions on this blog and other sites.  I have turned off the CEC on my TV and the 1 touch play on the ROKU device, I have reset the ROKU system, I have turned off Bluetooth on my iphone,  I completely exit out of ROKU and switch to a different HDMI when I am done watching TV, and I have changed out the batteries in my remote.  I am beyond frustrated!  Please Help!

HermionesMom
Reel Rookie

Mine was a short in my remote. No matter what batteries I had it kept turning on my tv. I took the batteries out and manually turned the tv off.. didn’t have any issues. I bought a new remote and have not had issues this week

0 Kudos
Thesuzannester
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem as you. I just got my Roku  and it was awesome the first few weeks And now when I am asleep or not even home the tv is turned on somehow. AND it has switched to a DIFFERENT HDMI port where the Roku is connected to. This is beyond frustrating and kind of scary. I hope someone can help us. 

FaberBoon

I had the same problem with a Sony TV that began several months after I had bought the TV/ROKU.  Turns out that it was a screensaver I downloaded from the ROKU main screen that I had switched to. After trying several interventions mentioned in this thread I went back to the default ROKU "raining" product name screen and the problem disappeared. I tried this because there were two instances when I happened to be in the room when the TV turned on by itself and I noticed that it came on right after the screensaver switched from wait to displaying the screensaver slide show.

thootyinabish
Reel Rookie

Yup I'm not even dealing with this. I'm returning and getting a new one. I upgraded from 1080 to 4k for visual and speed. And now the tv keeps coming on at like 4 something in the morning. waking me up with brightness. I thought i was sleeping on the remote. but this time I happened to be awake to see it live and I was no where near the remote. Roku is dope but buggy as **bleep**. All these streaming devices are full of kinks. Shouldn't have to play teedly winks. My other 1080 one was full of it too.

0 Kudos

I had the same issue and this fix seems to have done the trick! Thanks! 

0 Kudos
thootyinabish
Reel Rookie

I fixed it alright! I exchanged it for the Roku ultra LT! It's got the same processor but yet it's running way faster with no glitches! I love the power and volume keys on the side of the remote! iHaven't had any issues yet! I'm glad the tv turning on came fast and not out of the return period like my other junker.

0 Kudos
cag4

Likewise, older 1080p 75" sony that has worked great with Roku for years... all of a sudden (First week of April 2021), the TV turns on to the Roku interface.  Turning it off only lasts a few minutes, then back on.  When I unplug the power USB to kill Roku, the TV stays off... this is a Roku problem, not a TV manufacturer problem.  I'm assuming there was some buggy upgrade pushed out that is causing this problem.

Roku, please investigate and fix asap... can't have TV's booting randomly. will have to toss Roku if not resolved.

aby

Re: Roku Powering TV ON Randomly

I'm having the same issue, nothing works. TV has been rebooting in a vicious cycle since April 4. Impossible to even scroll to settings without the tv shutting off again. This TV is useless and may see the inside of a dumpster before the weekend is out.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cag4 @aby 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator