Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clcunningham
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU suddenly too big for tv screen

had to reset system to factory setting

0 Kudos
Clcunningham
Channel Surfer

HAD TO RESET TO FACTORY SETTING.  IF THAT DOES NOT WORK CALLED ROKU AND COMPLAINED UNTIL WE GOT EQUIPMENT REPLACED.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Clcunningham

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered, and we'd like to collect more details. May we know if the factory reset did not result in any improvements? Have you tried unplugging the Roku TV from the power source for 1 minute before plugging it in to see any difference? Also, what brand is your Roku TV? Furthermore, can we have an image or a video referring to the display?

With more details, the better we can assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Liz88
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing that on one of my tvs. Nothing had helped!

I did the * button and the writing on the menu on the left is cut off to the point I can’t read it. I also went into settings and tried changing the screen size and nothing helped. I unplugged the unit and let it sit for 5 minutes and still no change.

Very frustrating! I can’t get it to back to the guide section on my Philo app so I can choose why to watch. All apps are displaying larger than ever before. 

0 Kudos
Clcunningham
Channel Surfer

We had to reset to factory setting 

Liz88
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I will give that a try. I was hesitant to do it that but it is probably the solution needed.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Liz88, try using the "Zoom", "Picture size", or "Aspect ratio" button on your TV's remote.  It could have some other label as well and my have been pressed by accident.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NikZ

Tried everything- still can’t unzoom

0 Kudos
NikZ

Tried everything nothing worked until I powered it off. Waited 60 sec. Turned it back on. It was still on zoom. Used tv remote (not Roku) and went to picture. That did the trick. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @NikZ!

We understand you're having an issue with the TV screen zooming in. We'd be more than happy to help!

Please follow these steps to check the software version on your Roku streaming device. Once completed, we highly recommend restarting the device to see if that makes a difference.

Follow the instructions below to check for software and app updates manually.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to check for updates manually

System restart:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

It would be helpful if you could inform us about the specific model of your Roku device. Additionally, it would be great if you could take a picture of your TV screen, as this would help us better understand the problem you're facing. Furthermore, if you need detailed instructions on how to update your device or restart your system, please visit our support page: How to update the software on your Roku streaming device and restart your Roku streaming device. 

If the issue persists, please let us know so we can further assist.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos