Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TennProgressive
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU suddenly too big for tv screen

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I spent 2 hours on this suddenly too big problem, and when I found Aspect on my TV remote and switched from "wide" to "normal," the problem was fixed.

0 Kudos
Clcunningham
Channel Surfer

We are having same problem.   We have had two older versions of roku's on our LG TV and had no problems.   Now we are having this problem with new cable and ultra Roku.  When we turn off TV and then turn them back on the problem is fixed. We have to reset the roku and TV every time we first turn it on and on all channels we watch.   So disappointing as we gave our old simple device away and upgraded to ultra we may go back to old version.

LisaM1
Reel Rookie

I realize this is an old post, but answering in case someone comes across this thread like I did. Go to Settings. Select Power, then System Restart. This works when my Hisense Roku tv is zoomed in. 

Clcunningham
Channel Surfer

Nope didn't work sent back the roku and fixed.   It was a equipment issue thanks 

0 Kudos

Thank you so much.  I found Aspect on my TV remote & this worked.

0 Kudos
Ziaang

I have an Emerson tv, everything on my actual tv is fine. Everything on my cable tv is fine. When I switch to the roku the screen is too large. When changing the display either to 720 or 1080, nothing happens. When hitting the star button on the control nothing happens. There aren’t picture options. Please advise

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Ziaang, Roku devices don't have any picture options - only display options for 720p vs 1080p (vs 4k).  Picture options like zoom, wide, cinema, or whatever your TV may call it are a function of the TV and some TVs can adjust them for each input.  My Emerson remote has a button near the upper right corner labeled "PICTURE SIZE".  Try that if you have it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LisaM1
Reel Rookie

I fixed mine by going to Settings, then select System. Select Power, then System Restart. Your TV will restart and the screen should be back at normal size.

0 Kudos
Zaineman

I fixed Roku too BIG for screen

Suddenly my channel choices were so huge they went off the edges of the screen. I unplugged the Roku box at the back of the box. Waited 15 seconds, plugged it back in, and it fixed itself. This has nothing to do with the TV, or zoom, or anything else. This is a Roku box issue.... period. 

0 Kudos

How to resolve this issue?  I am unable to get activation code to some apps because the code only shows partial info.  

0 Kudos