Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eggfoo
Reel Rookie

ROKU Ultra freezes streaming channel playback requiring factory reset

Bought Ultra in Jan 2022, worked well for awhile but now it's more and more freezing playback of HULU and YouTube with light on unit flashing and won't power off so I have to disconnect power then re-connect power and do factory reset..  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Ultra freezes streaming channel playback requiring factory reset

@eggfoo 

Unplugging and plugging it back in isn't sufficient? What happens when you unplug it, let it sit a minute, then plug it back in, what happens?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
eggfoo
Reel Rookie

I'll have to make notes, it's happened so many times I can't keep track of what works and what doesn't. Will try not doing factory reset and just disconnect/reconnect when/if the opportunity presents itself. At this point though, I've contacted customer service of the retail store where it was purchased and they are willing to take it back as defective and I'm not really motivated to research/test defective products for the manufacturer. Was hoping a Roku employee might address the white blinking light symptom since it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere as to what that is all about? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@eggfoo 

If they’ll take it back for refund or exchange, that may be best. It could be the device was bad. It’s not common with the Ultra, but it happen.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos