Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Blitz1
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU Media Player Turning off when Non-Roku TV is turned off

Jump to solution

Question, so you just connected the spitter and can leave the second HDMI just unconnected to something and the Roku Ultra sound will continue thru the earphones attached to the remote like prior to their update?  As I do not have a hard drive attached I used to just listen and turn off the TV so my wife could fall asleep.

0 Kudos
pshay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, the splitter just keeps the power signal alive. Then the player runs all night with my earbuds connected to the remote. Nothing connected to the second HDMI output. It's not elegant, but it allows me to turn off the TV and continue listening to whatever is playing.

McGuit
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes that is correct. It works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Joe_Blitz1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!  I am purchasing the same splitter you did! (thanks for the link)   It will be an inexpensive fix for under $15. too!  THANKS so much!!!!   I hate it when companies put our a firmware update and don't even admit that they took away an important feature that their product, in some instances, was purchased to do.  I reached out to Roku and they admitted no interference in the feature.  THANKS again!      

0 Kudos