Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegasnoonan
Channel Surfer

Protected license content error

Happening to me on EVERY cable & network tv app. I do NOT have Disney+ or Peacock. This same thing happened 3 months ago & took 3 days before started working again. I have checked for updates, restarted roku stick, cleared cache, & un plugged modem/router. None of these solutions post do anything to fix issue

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Sb221
Reel Rookie

Re: Protected license content error

Any conclusion to this? I am using a tcl Roku tv and the entire CTV app gives me this message, after playing the commercials of course!

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue. I have a TCL Roku tv and have tried all of the solutions, including uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, but to no avail. VERY frustrating!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @RedHeadsRule

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

May we know what exact channel are you having trouble with? Try deleting the channel from the Roku home screen by heading to the channel tile, pushing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, go to Settings>System>System restart to restart your device. When your player restarts, add the channel back in again.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Sb221
Reel Rookie

I had this issue.  I did a total factory reboot, back to the pages you got when you first bought the tv, and everything worked fine once it was fully set up again.

good luck!

0 Kudos