Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvfan126
Channel Surfer

Prime and Netflix exiting to Home Screen randomly

While watching certain programs on our TCL Roku TV, the app will suddenly exit and return to the Home Screen by itself. This typically happens when viewing Jack Reacher on Prime, and The Crown on Netflix. When watching these programs on our other Roku TVs, the issue does not occur. I have restarted Netflix (Prime does not have this option), checked for updates on the apps, switched profiles, checked for updates on the tv, removed both apps, restarted the tv, and unplugged it for 10-15mins. The TV is connected to a very strong 400mbps internet speed. After contacting both app providers, each believed this was more likely a Roku issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

TCL model 50S45

Software version 12.5.0. Build 4176-CG

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RomoSFR

Re: Prime and Netflix exiting to Home Screen randomly

My Roku TV is also having this issue. I’ve tried restarting, deleting the apps and reinstalling, factory resetting the tv and starting from scratch, nothing works. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime and Netflix exiting to Home Screen randomly

Hi @tvfan126 @RomoSFR,

Welcome, and thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having a playback issue on certain channels, and we'd like to learn more about this.

Is this an intermittent issue, or have you been observing it previously? Have you tried any other program to see if you're seeing the same result?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos