Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juanroberts
Channel Surfer

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Agreed.  I appreciate your acknowledging that it helped you too. What TV/projector are you using?  At first I thought it was because the series “Cursed” was cursed.  Then we noticed “The Last Kingdom” would also not open despite other HD series opening. Perhaps these shows use a different frame ‘aspect’ or frame refresh standard?  The clue was that these shows that did not open, after having reset Roku/Netflix, would only once and then display a message at the onset.  Yet every time, I had been immediately clearing the message without reading it.  Until I did. This was the text that served as my clue to change away from the HDR resolution:

Frame rate matching is on

Your screen may flash while video quality is optimizing.  Disable in your device’s settings.”

0 Kudos
Juanroberts
Channel Surfer

Oh. I just looked up TCL and realize it is a type of TV.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

Nope. I've tried all of that with my Sharp Roku TV. It worked fine until I want to say it was early this summer and there was an update. Since then, Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Britbox, Paramount, Roku Channel, and even YouTube occasionally would freeze and then kick us out. We cleared cache, reported the errors, tried switching off 4K, rebooting after unplugging, factory reset, and every other "It worked for me" solution. Nothing worked. I bought a Chromecast during the Black Friday sale and since then the TV has worked flawlessly on every channel. I shouldn't have had to purchase a streaming device to get my Roku TV to work, but that's what fixed it.

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Nothing on settings say app, I followed exactly and there is no app.

Lorit
Reel Rookie

Mine is a 65” ONN

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

We sincerely regret any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. 

If you are currently experiencing playback issues with the Prime and Netflix app and have done all the possible troubleshooting methods to no avail, worry no more as we will be requesting additional reinforcement from the relevant Roku team for further review and find the best resolution possible. 

Kindly provide us with the following details below so we can review each of your devices.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We will look forward to your response as your satisfaction and convenience are what we always aim for.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Wyse1685
Channel Surfer

TCL model: 49S405

Serial Number: YN0052170710

Software Version: 12.5.0 build 4176-30

Device ID: 9S67D5170710

I have: cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix 3 times, and did a factory reset. The issue occurs nonstop. I watch dramas that have subtitles and what will happen is the video freezes completely, but the audio and subtitles continue to keep playing and then it crashes. Other times the video keeps going, and then the audio and subtitles freeze and then it crashes. 

I have had similar issues with Sling.tv app, crunchyroll, and Prime only on this Roku. My other ones work perfectly fine. 

sy20011966

Netflix crashing... It's hard to enjoy a weekend with rain

TCL Roku 55UP20 | Hisense Roku 58R6E3 

Internet AT&T Fiber: D500Mbps U500Mbps oficial app

Speed Test: Dw604Mbps Up440Mpbs 

Hi, I think you have a serious problem, the TV system or the app is terrible, talk to Netflix and try to find out what's going on, several TV brands with a common problem. There's nothing to do, this reset that you teach doesn't work, it doesn't change anything, uninstall and install the app again. 

f360racer
Binge Watcher

I keep posting replies from TCL and Roku support here on this forum and the posts keep getting deleted as spam or something about HTML links. It shows up as posted and confirmed and I have notified the moderator again and again. It seems that this forum is a waste of time. contact the tv support directly and try there. this Roku forum does not get any support from Roku itself. That is the problem!

0 Kudos
FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

Issue ID 74-500-847 

Roku TV 7234X

Serial YN009S030574 L5D8D9030574

Software 12.5.0 build 4176-40 GC Version 10.4.37

I'll clarify it's not only Netflix. It crashes with YouTube, Hulu, Max, AppleTV, BritBox, Disney, and even the Roku Channel.

And it just happened again with Youtube.

Issue ID: 74-506-554

0 Kudos