Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

I took all these steps; and then had to create a new email; hard re-set; and the problem still exists with ALL of the Apps. If you take the following steps, you'll create an official "Issue report tracker" number. If they get enough reports, maybe they'll do something to correct the problem. Press Home 5 times then press back arrow 5 times. Get a picture or copy the ID number. 

FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

It's all brands. I have a Sharp.

Bellro02
Reel Rookie

Really!  A gamer cheat code to fix?  Since this is a common issue a cash clear should be added to system/settings.  

Come on Roku, this has been reported since early 2021!!!

Lorit
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

I too will not be buying a Roku TV.. the fact that Netflix, Prime and Peacock keep kicking me out. I have spent hours trying to contact support to no avail 

Yes! This past week mine has been doing the exact same thing. I thought it was my cable but it’s not because it’s doing it on my phone too. Idk what to do now 

0 Kudos
Juanroberts
Channel Surfer

The problem was the 4K HDR resolution setting on Roku. Try pitting it on regular 4K instead as that worked for me. 

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Thank you for letting us in on your fix. Perhaps letting us know your make and model so others can benefit from this?

Also, I'm afraid many of us who have been discussing this issue do not have 4k so unfortunately this would not work for us. I would, however be interested in hearing back from you in a few weeks how your fix is holding up.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Juanroberts
Channel Surfer

I have the Epson Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD Projector and the Roku Express 4K Plus. Interestingly switching from 4K HDR to 720 did not fix it, but to 4K it did. 

0 Kudos
FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

I tried that and 720 and neither helped. I ended up purchasing a Chromecast for Black Friday and that ended the issues.

0 Kudos
Lorit
Reel Rookie

I have done all the tech support options and my ONN Roku TV STILL KICKS ME OUT OF Netflix, Prime and Peacock! The TV is just over 2 years old. I have had TV’s that lasted way longer than that. I’ve finally had to plug in a ROKU to my ROKU TV just to make it possible to use my Roku TV. Absolutely shouldn’t have to! I will never buy another Roku TV, and I am going to blast that on my social media because unfortunately I had bragged to family and friends in the beginning about how much I loved my Roku TV

0 Kudos