Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paigowjon

Prime Video only streaming in low def

Hi everyone - out of the blue, Prime Video is now only streaming in low def on my Roku stick. I’ve tried multiple programs and they’re all in low def  I’ve had the same Roku stick and TV for many years.

This comes on the heels of significant issues I had streaming Thursday Night Football on Prime (Which until recently was in HD) Seconds after the stream would start, the video would slow down considerably while the audio stayed at real speed. 

Any insight and suggestions would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime Video only streaming in low def

Hi @Paigowjon,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that the channels on your Roku streaming stick are showing low definition. We're happy to assist. Please be advised that if you frequently see rebuffering or poor-quality video when watching numerous streaming channels, your network may be slow as a result of a weak wireless signal, problems with your router, or a poor internet connection. Attempt to restart your router and modem. Also, try restarting your Roku streaming stick by selecting System, Settings, and System Restart.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos