Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njheaston
Channel Surfer

Re: Premiere overheating constantly

Okay, Renojim,

I guess I'll refer to this devise as the "little black box thingy that plugs into my TV with an HMDI cable to allow it to receive Roku TV (aka a 3920).  😉   If you don't hear from me, you'll know moving connector to a different USB port fix it (or, it just never sent out another error message, or it caught fire and I had to toss it out...)  Just kidding!

Thanks to you and everyone who tried to help.

0 Kudos
japzbene1562
Reel Rookie

Yeah I've been having this same issue for months now, sent away for the extender which seemed to help for a little while but now it's been doing it repeatedly! 

I Unplug it stick it in the freezer then after about 15 minutes it's flashing the warning sign again, maybe I'll try a different cord to attach to my Roku Stick!

Would hate to have to buy a new one then have to resign in to all my streaming services Argggg 

Streaming Sucks Donkey D

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @japzbene1562,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

You're doing a great job in troubleshooting the issue on the Roku streaming stick. No worries, we will be happy to assist you further with this issue. Please be advised that if your Roku streaming player is placed inside a cabinet or other enclosed space, especially with other electronic equipment, it may overheat. We suggest moving away your Roku device from another piece of equipment or to another cooler space.

Please let us know what you find out.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
japzbene1562
Reel Rookie

My stick is out in the open.

I also have the extender that Roku sent me supposedly to alleviate the problem of overheating which has not in the least!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your response, @japzbene1562!

We appreciate you for trying to troubleshoot your Roku streaming device. We could try one more step, and with your permission, we can perform a hard reset on your device. Please be informed that resetting your Roku streaming device will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know your network connection's name and password. 

For reference, visit our Support article to help you on How to factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it goes and we'll go from there. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

Thank you for sharing your experience with overheating Roku player.  I am having the same problem.  

0 Kudos