Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plex won't load past 13%?

Hi. I just set up my Ultra in a wired network and none of my 4k movies that I have in my Plex Server will load past 13%. Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Plex won't load past 13%?

Hello @chrismuraglia

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you checked other channels if they are also having the same issue? 

In some cases, removing then re-installing the affected app may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us updated on how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@chrismuraglia, you may get more help in the Plex forum - https://forums.plex.tv/

There are plenty of Plex users here, but there's a lot more there.  Smiley Happy

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
phytotech
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra: no HDR, Plex movies buffering constantly but ok on another setup

Hello:

Sorry, I've combined two issues into single post, because I am not sure they are unrelated.

Background: 

Created a Plex Media server on a Raspberry Pi 400, connected to a portable 5Tb Seagate HDD. I have a RAM disk setup on the Raspberry to help with any transcoding. At home the Roku Ultra (latest model) is connected to the server via Ethernet and the Pi connected via Wifi. At Home I have a LG OLED screen. All movies display just fine, little to no buffering or if so, only at startup. I can watch the movie without interruption.

At grand kids home, they have a Sony TV, new.  I got them a brand new Roku Ultra. (They had an older Ultra model.) Their TV the Roku recognizes as 4k HDR10, but no content that is HDR displays as such (not sure if this is universal, but no "HDR" notification in the upper right corner comes up). Difficult for me to determine if 4k content is actually displayed as such. BTW, the dad has told me that 4k content from Netflix is "dark,' which tells me that he may not be getting HDR from his Netflix channel, either.

Also, even when the ROKU is connected via ethernet and the little Pi media server is connected via ethernet (i.e. no wifi issues), the Plex movies buffer all the time, especially if over 12mbps data rate. This of course can create a problem if I lower the playback rate, because transcoding kicks in on the lowly Pi computer which cannot handle it. The best measure is to play at the "original" data rate.

I understand that some of these issues may require a post on the Plex forum, which I intend to do, but some may be issues with the Roku setup. 

Can you help?

Thank you,

Chuck

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
r0kuh31p

Roku streaming stick 4k sticks at 33%

Hello everyone, over the past few months i have had a very annoying issue that has plagued my roku streaming stick while trying to play media from my Plex server. Every 10-20 minutes i will have to restart the stream due to the client getting stuck buffering at 33% and eventually erroring out. I should start by saying that i have no issues getting any type of media to play on other devices and that this issue only seems to happen with HEVC media. Below i have attached a sample of the error logs i have grabbed from the Plex channel that i believe to be important to solving this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/xerxes201/53da796d18f7979e0e181500b97eddfc/raw/a7ab1ae41575f08830...

0 Kudos
Mrhippo

This was happening to me from time to time. I found that while it’s stuck at 13% I would press the down arrow and then press the left  arrow and press okay on the caption menu and select off. Each time I did this the buffering would begin to climb and movie would began to play. Hope this helps.

DalePMay
Reel Rookie

Hey, Roku people, pay attention to your customers who paid hundreds of dollars for your TVs, and maybe actually fix something for once? That would be great.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@DalePMay, you have to temper your expectations when it comes to Plex.  Roku just doesn't care.  In addition, they don't make the TVs, so they didn't get hundreds of dollars for your TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
truncj
Reel Rookie

You just solved the problem for me as well. Disable subtitles after starting the stream (before it got stuck completely at 13%) and then it streamed fine

0 Kudos