Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teddyfroop
Binge Watcher

Playback of File skips, black screen/no audio

I have been running Plex and emby media servers and playing back with Rokus. 

Current model is a 4802-CA.software version 12.5.0 Build 4178-C2

I have almost 2800 episodes of content that play perfectly - no problems,  But one show recently started - not stuttering but just dropping the picture and sound so about 2 seconds and resuming play as if it was playing the whole time.

I have recoded the files several times using different encoders (Handbrake, NVENC, Quicksync) and formats but it does it on MKV,  h264, and h265.  I even tried recoding from an MKV in case there was metadata in the stream but no joy.

It is not network related.  The Roku is 4 feet from an access point, it is connected to 5GHz, 522 tx, 866 rx.  The access point is wired 2.5 Gbps to the router, and so is the server.

I have no errors from Emby.  The file is direct playing from a 2.05 Mbps stream with one passthrough audio track.  I have played the files in question on Emby on my Google TV and android phone and they play flawlessly.

The only thing I have found that stops the skips is coding the file with a set frame rate @30 frames a second.  Because its animation - this creates significant artifacting.

The problem started suddenly but as I have adhd like symptoms from an anxiety disorder I can't link it to an update or other changes.

0 Kudos