Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dale70
Reel Rookie

Playback Error on all channels with Roku App

I have same issues on a roku stick and a tcl roku tv, the roku app/streaming stuff will show the guide and channels but when trying to watch it just goes dark

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback Error on all channels with Roku App

Hi @Dale70,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We're glad to assist.

May we ask if the Roku app is the only channel with this issue on your devices? Is there an error message when accessing this app? Have you tried removing the app (if possible), restarting the device, and adding the Roku app to see if this fixes the issue? How about rebooting your router?

Let us know if none of these works so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dale70
Reel Rookie

I have deleted and reinstalled, unplugged everything couple times, made sure I was connected with the device on my roku acct, all other streaming works great. Tv is 5 yrs old roku stick is 2 yrs old, even took my tv over to a friends wifi and did same thing so must be roku specific issue? Possible update issue??

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Dale70,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to take a closer look into this. Please try accessing it using an alternative network like a mobile hotspot and see if there are any differences.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos