Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amb2020

Picture is black and white.

Since I initially plugged in my roku rxpress, it has only been in black and white. All other TV apps are in color, just not roku. I have switched the HDMI input multiple times, unplugged for & seconds, performed a factory reset and nothing worked. Any advice is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Picture is black and white.

While watching the Roku, go into your TV's settings and see if the COLOR value has been turned way down. (On your set, it could be labeled INTENSITY or something similar.) On many TVs these settings are saved separately for each input so that could be why only the Roku is affected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Adobeck

Just figured it out! On my tv I changed the component 1 input to video 1 and the color came back!

0 Kudos
Carylla60

Hi , i have the same problem.plus i don t have sound.what do you mean with on your tv you change the component 1 imput to video1 imput? Are you talking on the tv menu , or in the back of your tv? Cause i try different things and nothing work . Thank for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Carylla60

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you connecting your Roku device to the TV, are you using a component cable or a HDMI cable?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeeDee28

I just treated myself to my first Roku, an Ultra, for Christmas.  However, I've had a problem from the moment I set it up.  Everything, and I do mean everything, is in black and white.  The home screen, every show, EVERYTHING.  I have tried everything suggested, up to and including the restart, all without success.  Any other ideas? (Gotta say, it's really kinda weird seeing the black and white aquarium screensaver with all the black & white coral and fishies! (LOL!)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DeeDee28

Thanks for the post.

We would first recommend trying another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying to switch out the HDMI cable used to connect to your Roku device to see if the issue persists.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Smellytaco

Hi experienced the same problem on Kogan tv with roku streambar after many hours of trying everything disabling Color tuner under settings/device preferences/picture/Color tuner fixed the problem cheers,Dave

0 Kudos