Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Llcdph
Reel Rookie

Picture cutting in and out

Still having this issue with my Roku Ultra.  Guess it's time to throw it out. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Picture cutting in and out

Hi @Llcdph,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting any error codes or messages? In addition, can you please specify the exact troubleshooting steps you are taking to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JD9999

I just got a Roku Ultra last week. The video cuts out constantly while I'm trying to watch movies. The audio continues but the video is gone. I'm using the HDMI cord included with the device and the television has no issues with other devices. There's clearly something faulty in the Ultras hardware or software. Thankfully there's still time to get an Amazon return and switch to Chromecast if there's no solution.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JD9999,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're experiencing a playback issue and we'd like to learn more about this. To better understand could you tell us more about this. 

Under what channel are you seeing this playback issue? Have you tried any troubleshooting? 

Please include additional details so that we can help you even more.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shane154

Yes I have 2 roku ultra 4800x both have latest software and they will not display anything after the roku boot up logo which also has sound. After the logo displays Home Screen flashes on and off then goes black the television knows it’s there and other devices work on same hdmi. These units have had little use and we started noticing hdcp error message on all channels about 6-8 months ago. When screen goes black or hdcp message displays the only resolution is to turn off the device for several hours then it plays again for a little while. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Shane154 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having an issue regarding your Roku Ultras, and we would be more than glad to assist. May we know if you've tried plugging the Roku Ultras into different TVs to see if you notice any difference? Also, are you able to navigate Settings, for you to access some options? Further, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YLDave
Reel Rookie

I just purchased the Roku Ultra to replace my Roku 3 which was working but slowing down. When I connected the Ultra to my 50” Sharp TV, it continuously drops in and out every 15 to 20 seconds or anytime I press a button on the remote. I have changed the cable, I have tried different HDMI ports on my TV, the result is the same. I tried it on my small monitor, and it works just fine. If I change the display setting on my big screen to 720p it works fine but then I don’t get the advantage of my 1080p tv. Perhaps it’s a firmware glitch. 

Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @YLDave,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. May we know what the make and model of your Sharp TV are? Can you please tell us when the Sharp TV was manufactured? Have you tried to update the Roku device by going to settings, system, system update, and check now? Let's try to see if that will be able to fix the issue that you're seeing.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos