Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Picture cutting in and out

So I'm curious if I'm having the same problem. For me, the Ultra goes to a black screen for a second or two, sometimes has a rotating set of dots in a circle like an old loading animation, then comes back. It's like this for about ten minutes or so when I turn it on, then it works fine. It's almost like it has to warm up, maybe literally? Like as the unit heats up a bit an expansion of metal causes better contact somewhere? The reason this is my best guess is that after this process, if I turn it off and right back on, I don't have the issue, so it seems more of a hardware than software issue? I don't know, it's really annoying though. Anyone else have a problem like mine or am I way off base?

Gnphiker
Reel Rookie

My 3 year old Roku Ultra has been doing this same thing for several months now. Restarting the device fixes the problem for a while but in a few days it’s doing it again. I have 2 older Roku’s and neither one of those has this issue. 

0 Kudos
MrPnut
Reel Rookie

Have the same issue with my Ultra.  My Samsung TV resets and shows the input and then it comes back on.  Have 3 three other older devices, no problem. Have a pair of TCL TVs, no problem.  Have tried all of the suggestions and nothing fixes the problem. It's been like this for about 90 ninety days. Thanks, ROKU, for being so non responsive!  

0 Kudos
Ericst
Reel Rookie

Mine only happens when I’m watching the YouTube app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still happens when I’m browsing wich video to play. No other app does it ( knocks on wood) 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ericst

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. 

We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JjgrmMD
Channel Surfer

My system does flicker when I first turn on my television. I believe this is where my Roku device is accessing the ability of my television to utilize higher quality input. This doesn’t reoccur after the first time and it hasn’t just started, it was there from the beginning when I purchased the unit.

0 Kudos
Ericst
Reel Rookie

I have not . I will give that a try!

0 Kudos