Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock Channel Not Loading

@jg4080 the only reason a channel cannot be removed is if you have a paid subscription through Roku for the service. So if you're paying for Peacock through Roku, then no it can't be removed without cancelling the subscription first. This has been reported through the moderators to management that it makes the usual first step of remove/reboot/reinstall unavailable. 

Any other channel installed on your Roku that doesn't have a paid subscription through Roku should have the remove option when you press the * button. I've removed a number of channels that Roku installed by default to my devices. I'm not aware of any channel that cannot be removed.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Andy4390
Reel Rookie

I've done all of these trouble shooting items and it still doesn't work consistently. I'm sporadically getting this "Unavailable" screen still when trying to open the app.

atc98092

@Andy4390 if it's just the Peacock channel that is acting up, then the problem is with only that channel and NBC (the provider of the Peacock channel) is the only one that can fix it. Roku doe not provide the channels for 3rd party providers, and they have no access to the coding within the channel. Your complaint is with Peacock, not Roku. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Andy4390
Reel Rookie

I get it. I've already brought it up with them as well. Seems odd they'd have a forum for people to discuss channel issues if they have nothing to do with the channels. 🤔 

0 Kudos
renojim

@Andy4390, not really.  Since this "community" is mostly users trying to help other users you can often find a user that might have insight into a channel's problem(s).  I don't know how many, if any, providers have a similar forum where users can go for help.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
blip1
Channel Surfer

So does Peacock has a page or forum?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@blip1 wrote:

So does Peacock has a page or forum?

Best I can find:

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/contact-us-in-customer-service

Dan

blip1
Channel Surfer

I have been in contact with peacock via chat and email and it seems they know they have a problem and are working on it. They have given me back my yearly subscription supposedly, but I told them that a free dead horse is still a dead horse.

0 Kudos
blip1
Channel Surfer

Yes I went that route.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@jg4080 wrote:

Lovely reply, however there is no option to remove the app when I press the * button on the remote. Just options to move it on the screen. I have a dozen apps I would remove if I could. 

This was covered in my post (the note in italics):

@jg4080

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos