Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sej1234
Channel Surfer

Paramount + Show loses video on and off for about 10 seconds when using voice command

When I use the voice command button on the roku remote to navigate directly to a show the show video will continually go black for about 10 seconds while audio still plays, return the video for awhile then black out again, but if I navigate to the same show without using the microphone the problem does not exist. I'm completely baffled. Any help would be appreciated. Happens for at least 2 different shows, both on Paramount+ My father can't see well enough and needs the microphone, but he's sees well enough to notice the shows blacking out. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Show loses video on and off for about 10 seconds

Hi @Sej1234,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the voice command of your Roku remote since video will be lost and it will turn on and off. We're happy to assist you further. Please try these steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sej1234
Channel Surfer

Thank you. I tried your suggestion twice and the problem is still there. Do you have another suggestion? Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Sej1234.

May we know if Paramount Plus was the only channel affected on your Roku device? If so, could you specify which shows or episodes? Also, kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

Please let us know if the issue is persistent.
Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sej1234
Channel Surfer

The problem still exists. When I use the microphone to navigate to a show on Paramount+ the video keeps blinking out and back for about 10 seconds. If I go to the same episode without using the microphone to navigate to the episode there are no playback issues. I checked for channel updates. It was up to date. So I deleted the channel, reset the roku, then reinstalled the channel. No difference. The problem still exists, only when navigating by voice. I navigated by voice to a different show on appletv and there were no problems. It's just happening with Paramount+. And just with voice. It's very confusing. It doesn't just happen sometimes. It always happens with voice navigation to Paramount (several different series). If you have any other thoughts I would appreciate it. Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Sej1234.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sej1234
Channel Surfer

Roku device model, 

3820RW2 Streaming stick 4k

serial number, 

X025007E62ST

device ID, 

S0JC335E62ST

and software OS/version

12.5.0 • build 4178-E6

Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel version

Paramount+ 8.9 • build 202312052

Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

We tried doing step this exactly as written several times while the screen was black and never got a Tracker ID. 

This was purchased 4½ months ago and I'm assuming it's still covered by a warranty. Should I begin pursuing getting it replaced? Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Sej1234,

Thanks for the post,

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mark725
Reel Rookie

Hi. I, too, have the same issue as above.  If I use voice control to watch something in Paramount + both audio and video go off and on for a minute.  Nav.gation without voice control works fine 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mark725

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to gather more details so we can provide an update to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation of this case. Could you please provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once this information is received, the appropriate Roku team will handle this case further and address the issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos