Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seandmal
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus/Showtime App Error During Playback of The Curse

Paramount Plus won't load Showtime show The Curse. Says error during play back while loading episode and then kicks you out with error that says Content unavailable or error during playback. Had so many issues with Roku lately. I think I'm done with your product  

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
douginct
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus/Showtime App Error During Playback of The Curse

Same problem here - but with playing Billions. Get an error. Rebooted Roku - still get error!

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Seandmal @douginct,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Paramount+ and Showtime channels. We're happy to help you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

We hope this helps.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Seandmal
Reel Rookie

Did that already. Didn't work. And actually the last update appears to have caused the issue 

douginct
Reel Rookie

Did the update - no change. Some programs give an error and won't play.

0 Kudos
Lambdawg

Same problem here. It seems like all the CBS programs play fine but the Paramount Plus originals wont play and give the error has occured. I finally had someone at Paramount tell me I was not the only one with this problem.

0 Kudos
Seandmal
Reel Rookie

I gave up and just started using the paramount plus app through a Chromecast. Good luck with your crummy product. 

0 Kudos