Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg50

Paramount Plus Brightness Issues

I am continuing to have problems with playback on Paramount Plus.  When watching a show the brightness goes from normal to dim and back to normal constantly.  I do not have this issue with any other Roku channels nor with other streaming services using the older apps on my Visio Smart TV.  When searching on the web I have seen this problem displayed and Roku blames Paramount Plus and Paramount Plus blames Roku.  It is very disconcerting to watch this channel.  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus Brightness Issues

Hi, @Greg50

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with Paramount Plus. Let's try to perform a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the instructions below:

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".

1. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  2. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  3. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos