Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StingerGal

Re: Paramount App will not rewind

Jump to solution

I agree wholeheartedly! I cannot rewind paramount app at all. It looks like it's doing it but will not play afterwards. Have to exit app, the reload, and it restarts from where I left off. Garbage! Someone needs to fix this. It is not my ROKU as Paramount is the only app affected in this way. It is MOST DEFINITELY NOT my internet speed as I have 1GIG and no other app has the same issue.

StingerGal

Jump to solution
  • Agreed!! The issue does NOT occur on my tvs with Paramount App but no Roku device
countduckula83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Yes this is happening to me too in the paramount plus app and I have the ad version 
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @StingerGal and @countduckula83,

We appreciate you reporting about the features of the Paramount Plus app not working. We're happy to assist.

Can you please confirm if this is happening inside the standalone Paramount Plus app? If so, as suggested, it will be highly effective to directly raise this concern with the channel provider themselves, in this case, Paramount Plus' Customer Support, as this is a feature issue inside their app. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon with their assistance.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
countduckula83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes this is happening in the standalone paramount plus app. I did send their customer service a message 

0 Kudos
Rocublows

Jump to solution

What a bull**bleep** answer.  You sell the app and collect your fee and have zero quality control and could care less.  Roku is a thief and liar! 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Rocublows wrote:

What a bull**bleep** answer.  You sell the app and collect your fee and have zero quality control and could care less.  Roku is a thief and liar! 

Roku doesn't "sell" the app (because it's free) or collect a fee. That's all on Paramount. Roku has no control over the functionality of 3rd party channels offered in their channel store. If they meet the terms of service requirements, they allow the channel to be offered. But Roku themselves does not offer the channel or the service involved. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MDSmith86
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same issue. Was using the Paramount+ app on my phone to rewind since rewind on Roku was busted. Removing the channel app from the Roku and adding it back solved it for me. 

0 Kudos
countduckula83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

**bleep** ok thank you I will give that a try. ❤️

0 Kudos
rbennett99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If it's a Paramount + issue, why does rewind work on my TCL Roku tv but not on Roku Express?

0 Kudos