Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kieran449
Level 9

PITTSBURGH Outage ERROR: TVAPP-00101

Pittsburgh November 25, 2021

The "(ERROR: TVAPP-00101)" problem is part of an outage in Pittsburgh. I talked to a few of the XFINITY agents.

They have already received many calls on it, and are aware of that particular error code. They informed me that they with update me on my cellphone and e-mail when the problem is corrected.

-----------

All of my ROKU devices are affected by this. My personal opinion is probably the new routers that they handed out to everyone has a bug in it from a recent software update, and won't allow in-home devices to have access. My game room ROKU is literally within 20 feet of my router.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Kieran449
Level 9

Re: PITTSBURGH Outage ERROR: TVAPP-00101

UPDATE!

XFINITY finally fixed the problem.

No explanation from Xfinity. Just a text message saying the problem has been resolved.

However, my best guess (this is only my opinion) is that during the past "outage", they pinged the new cable/internet routers with an upgrade and it included a software bug affecting ROKU devices.  Most customers in my area got the new router, which features an upgrade for homes that use voice activated devices and home security systems.

Perhaps the "upgrade" was a attempt to help recover from the national outage reported in the news. The outcome was a glitch with ROKU.

0 Kudos