Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruceyboy
Reel Rookie

On screen alert message: Your Roku device is overheating, what can i do ?

Jump to solution

Last night an alert message appeared on the tv screen saying our Roku device was overheating. What causes this, what can be done to remedy the problem ? Thank you. Bruce. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: On screen alert message: Your Roku device is overheating, what can i do ?

Jump to solution

Roku's help page on this issue:

https://support.roku.com/article/226794787

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Roku's help page on this issue:

https://support.roku.com/article/226794787

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Bruceyboy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The advice given on the Roku answer pages (via the link shown below) was very helpful, thank you. Bruce. 

0 Kudos
mbe3

Jump to solution

I don't have a Roku player, it's a Roku TV.

0 Kudos
alimaj

Jump to solution

My Roku Premier Model 3920X recently started sending the on-screen alert message that it was overheating.  It is not in a cabinet, is well-ventilated and overheats within minutes of turning on the TV.  The Roku help page was not helpful because it basically says to stop using it.  Is there no other solution?

MartyFins
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My TV started sending me the message "Your Roku device is overheating" for the first time Friday, July 15th. I unplugged it & today (7/17/22) I can't even get the TV to turn on. I don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@MartyFins, you have an actual Roku TV (not a Roku device connected to a TV) and you got the overheating message?  I didn't even know that was possible.  You might want to contact the TV's manufacturer.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@renojim 

As far as I know, it’s not possible for an actual RokuTV set to display the overheating message.  Only stand-alone Roku devices can overheat and display the overheating message.  

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
YAH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It IS possible for a Roku TV to say that it is averheating.  That is happening to us, and our tv is placed under a ceiling fan! You touch the TV and it is not hot anywhere.  This is starting to look like a programming update gone wrong.

@Michelle3 wrote:

@renojim 

As far as I know, it’s not possible for an actual RokuTV set to display the overheating message.  Only stand-alone Roku devices can overheat and display the overheating message.  

~ Jordan

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@YAH  

Well I guess I never knew that either. Thank you for the specific information.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos