Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hossjb
Reel Rookie

[OS 12.5] Soundbar Pro constantly crashing since 11/2/23 update!!

• Since the version 12.5.0 build 4178 update my soundbar pro crashes at least 2 times a day. Was not an issue before this. It worked almost flawlessly. This is extremely irritating and needs to be looked into. 

IT is a software issue not a hardware one.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Soundbar Pro constantly crashing since 11/2/23 update!!

Hi @Hossjb,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with your Roku device and we'd like to know more about this. 

When you say "crashes" is this a playback issue on a particular channel? Or like your device will shut off. In addition, have you tried any troubleshooting, and what didn't work?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hossjb
Reel Rookie

It freezes, black screens, then does a complete restart. It does it in several apps. Youtube is the worst but not only one

Ive done a factory reset and redownload of update, still happens. Its the update doing it not any particular app. Like I said was fine till update.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Hossjb,

Thanks for your prompt response!

We'd like to learn more about this. Have you tried streaming or accessing it using an alternative network like a mobile hotspot to see if there are any differences? 

But if it is still doing it, please get back here and share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be able to flag the appropriate Roku team once we have this information available.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chadwx58
Channel Surfer

Good evening,

I am having a bunch of problems with my Roke Soundbar as described by the other community user.

Model: 9201R
Serial #: YL000G253262
Device ID: 2A1090253262
I have yet to be able to get the Roku to provide me a tracker ID # when it glitches out.  I try hitting the home button 5 times, followed by the back button and nothing happens.

Please let me know if there is another way I can help get my Soundbar to work consistently and without all of the problems I have been experiencing since the early November 2023 update.

Thank you
Chadwx58

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @chadwx58!

We appreciate you reaching out and sincerely regret to hear about this experience. We'd be glad to assist you with this.

Before proceeding, may we know if you have already linked your Roku streambar pro to the email address associated with your Roku account? As we checked, there is no streambar linked with the serial number you have provided. 

In addition, may we know when and where you purchased it? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? 

We need to gather more information first so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. We'll be anticipating your response to this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chadwx58
Channel Surfer

Hello there,

It was registered under my wife's account katierajek@gmail.com and was purchased from Roku.Com in November 2020.

We have noticed this issue with the YouTubeTV App, Amazon, Disney + and others.. with sometimes a purple flashing screen happening, or sometimes it just goes dark.
It also is very slow in any kind of response when trying to do anything with it.

Even after cycling the power, the above issues return.

We only started having these problems *after* the November 2023 software update.

Thank you
Chadwx58

0 Kudos
Hossjb
Reel Rookie

Roku will not provide tacking Id have tried multiple times and have done all the diagnostic steps possible. This is definately a software issue. Now it is starting to affect Paramount+ also. Worst is still Youtube. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chadwx58 @Hossjb,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku streambar since the channels are crashing. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to restart your modem and router. After restarting your modem and router, you may need to restart your Roku streambar by going to settings, system, power, and system restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hossjb
Reel Rookie

Listen, do you not read? I said Ive done all that already. This is a software issue YOU NEED TO ADDRESS. STOP REPEATING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER.