Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rukunuts
Binge Watcher

Re: Multiple channels having issues Roku Ultra

I won't have to think long at all. I won't buy another unless Roku offers some type of help. I've been waiting over 3 weeks for anything from Roku in regards to fixing this. Nothing.

Roku broke 3 of my Roku's with a firmware update I can't even opt out of. And now they offer no assistance recovering them. But I already know 2 of mine are bricks unless Roku has a way of recovering them from a USB stick like the TV's.

Roku goes through the steps and makes it appears they concerned and are working on it. But nothing from them in over 3 weeks. And evidently this has happened on other firmware updates of theirs as well. They never fixed the problem from before either. It doesn't appear they are serious, they are just trying to appease unhappy customers.

It's time for Roku to put up.

Are you going to help, or just leave us hoping there will be a fix that never happens?

Teestarwoo

onn. Model 100068378

serial # x01200p1ge9s

device ID s0dm6191ge9s

software version 11.5.0  build 4312-ct

Two of the tvs in my home are having the issues with exiting out of apps back to Home Screen a few minutes after starting a show. One of my tvs is totally dead. This has been going on for over a month!! 

0 Kudos
AG7
Channel Surfer

I responded to your request for more details two weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing since. I have multiple Roku streaming sticks and a TV that have not worked in almost a month. What exactly is Roku doing about all of the people who no longer have a working Roku?

AG7
Channel Surfer

Customer Service

(816)272-8106

0 Kudos
AG7
Channel Surfer

So on May 31st customer service for Roku reaches out to tell me they will be sending out a replacement for my roku stick. (Meaning 1 stick) I responded to let them know as the countless case notes reflect, I have 5 roku streaming sticks affected by the 12.0 update. I also state I would like all and not one of them replaced.

On June 2nd I get another email in response to my last email from the same agent stating they will no longer be replacing ANY of my roku streaming sticks as they no longer believe it is a hardware issue. This is apparently due to the fact I have 5 sticks no longer functional? He also ask me to get a tracker ID which I have stated in multiple emails and even here that it will not respond once the system freezes. He then ask for a video of the issue. These are all things I have tried and sent multiple times already. I'm willing to try anything they ask but they just keep asking for the same things.

Some people on this page seem to get an initial response showing genuine concern and then there is no follow up. I have actually gotten some follow up finally but it is not at all what it should be. They offer me a possible fix, and then take it away and change their mind. If Roku can not send an update to fix our troubles after the 12.0 update, they should be willing to replace ALL our defective devices.

I called customer service (816-272-8106) this evening and that was not productive whatsoever. The agent said my rokus were no longer in warranty so he suggest I have an overheating issue that has nothing to do with the update. He also states I should just buy all new devices as he will not help me as I have no warranty. He says there is no issue with their 12.0 update.

I explained a moderator here publicly acknowledged there is definitely an issue and ask for our patience while they work through it. The agent said "No, that's not true."

I have attached the emails back and forth with Roku here. I'm not sure why so many different people are responding to the same case and speaking in circles or not responding to some people's cases at all. Can someone at Roku please figure this out? 

Screenshot_20230602_192303_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20230602_193014_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20230602_192226_Email.jpg

0 Kudos
rukunuts
Binge Watcher

Roku is correct, it isn't a hardware issue. All 4 of my Roku Ultra's were rendered useless from their firmware update. Let me spell that out again. Roku broke all of 4 my Ultra's with their firmware update you can't opt out of if you wanted to. It isn't a hardware issue, it's a bad firmware update issue.

I had one Roku that still worked that hadn't had an update since 12/22. Now it's a brick too. I have to wonder if it wasn't done intentionally since Roku hasn't provide answers to help recovering them. And their response has been, it's out of warranty buy a new one. Ain't no way that is happening. They weren't broken before Roku broke them. Not doing that again.

If there was a way to get the old firmware back on, they would probably work. But since Roku hasn't provided any instructions how to do that, and it been on ongoing problem with other firmware updates in the past, I leaning toward they could not care less. If it isn't intentional, they seek to profit off our terrible experience with their firmware update. So that's pretty fishy to me.

There are many ways to stream TV these days. I've gone from a diehard Roku fan, to I hope I see them going out of business soon.

Congratulations to Roku on how to kill a a good thing.

0 Kudos
rukunuts
Binge Watcher

I'll also add these are pretty small light pieces of hardware. If Roku can't provide instructions on how to recover them in the field, it wouldn't cost much for Roku to have us send them back so they can fix them.

Roku says it isn't a hardware issue, so there isn't anything wrong with them.

They just need firmware that works.

0 Kudos
Aldebrand
Binge Watcher

My TV is only a few months old so I doubt it's intentional. They're just taking their sweet a§§ time with a patch. I've been giving them error codes every time it happens but **ck it. I have a PS5 now that gives me no issues ever. 

0 Kudos
Mordris
Reel Rookie

Re: Multiple apps are Failing on 12.0.0 after the new update

Hi,

Sorry for not keeping up with the feed on this.  Your team released an update a few days after the issue started which corrected the crashing issue.

Overall, the device is working again, but the green screen tearing during commercials is now back full force 

Hope this helps anyone having the issues I was having.

0 Kudos
Jijusino

Re: [OS 12.0] Multiple apps are Failing on 12.0.0 after the new update

I have 3 Roku 4k sticks. All went to black screen and are unusable. I contacted Roku help support they just ask me time to fix it and then closed the ticket. The last one of my 3 Rokus was fresh from the box and work until the system did the update to 12.0.0. I asked them for the opportunity to go back to 11.5.0 but they refused. So follow my suggestion throw these garbage to the trash. I just updated to Amazon sticks which are working. Sorry Roku you don’t have the adequate technical support for your products get out of the business. 

0 Kudos