Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Hi @Mordris @Aldebrand 

Thanks for the posting in the Roku Community regarding channels not working after updating to the latest OS 12.0.

We appreciate you providing us with the information we have requested. We have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
rukunuts
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

If you send me replacements you can have these to do anything you want with. Might be helpful for all your other customers as well if the Roku Team were able to understand the problem.

Unless you have a way of booting them from a USB drive, I don't think the two that were reset back to factory defaults are going to work. But, they aren't really reset to factory defaults if they don't work.

Anyway, it wouldn't cost Roku much to have 4 Rokus in different states of disrepair that were all connected to the same network when they broke to troubleshoot.

spPdMoNk
Reel Rookie

All apps won't open, return to the home screen

Yesterday the Roku work perfectly, today every app immediately goes back to home screen.  It did the update the version 12 a couple of days ago.

Read all the problems other people had all the way to where it said do a factory reset so I did that.

Completed setting up like a brand new Roku and no apps will still open, whenever you click an app they just immediately return to the home screen.

I now can't watch TV because I own a brick. 😐

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All apps won't open, return to the home screen

Hi @spPdMoNk,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience and understanding about the issue that you are unable to stream multiple channels on your Roku device after an update.

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
rukunuts
Binge Watcher

I have 3 bricks. They'll work better for skeet practice than steaming video.

GSFry
Binge Watcher

Re: Multiple apps are Failing on 12.0.0 after the new update

Thank you. Same problem here with my Roku Ultra!

0 Kudos
GSFry
Binge Watcher

Re: Multiple apps are Failing on 12.0.0 after the new update

Thank you. I was just planning on doing a factory reset today. I’m so disappointed with my Roku! 

0 Kudos
GSFry
Binge Watcher

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was just thinking about doing a factory reset on my Roku Ultra!

0 Kudos
rukunuts
Binge Watcher

Roku collects information but I haven't seen them provide any solutions. It doesn't appear to me they are serious about fixing the problem.

And every day that goes by affirms I don't need a Roku.

Good luck with all of yours, but I don't think Roku is going to help.

Prove me wrong.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with channel playback after the OS 12.0 update.

In order for us to ensure that we are collecting current information, if you are experiencing this issue and your Roku device is on OS 12.0, can you please provide us with the previously requested information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos