Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristjanh
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] HDMI ARC function stopped working

Hello Mary (and Danny).

I see that people are getting different issues regarding audio failure after latest update.
I've been using standard audio so I might have that problem everyone is describing without knowing it.

However, my problem is that after the update the HDMI ARC function stopped working.
I used to use the Roku remote for all audio, even for live TV, but that is not possible any more.

I did the home button 5 times and back button 5 times trick and got this info (2 days ago).

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X01000H24LRL (S02A20824LRL)
Software version: 11.5.0 build 4225-C2
Timestamp: 2022-10-25T21:34:18Z
Issue ID: RL-428-974

That same night  (October 25th) I updated to build 4235, but that did not fix this issue.

Regards,
Kristjan
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

@Kristjanh

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kristjanh
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

I have not done much. I don't know what I can do, except I found my old TV remote and now I have 3 remotes again instead of 2 (TV, Roku and the 4k TV box for live TV subscriptions).

The Roku box is connected to my Enox TV through HDMI 1 port, which is also an ARC port.
The Enox TV is connected to an Enox Sound bar.

I have had this setup for about 2 years and it has been working fine until that 11.5 update a week ago.

I did install the 4235 update when that came. But it didn't fix this.
And I've checked for an update every day this week hoping for a fix ... or a rollback.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kristjanh

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please specify the exact issue is that you are experiencing and the steps to reproduce the issue? Are you stating that you were able to control the volume of your Enox soundbar before with the Roku device remote and now you are no longer able to after the latest OS 11.5 update?

With more clarification, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kristjanh
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

Sorry for late response.

But yes, before that update I was able to control my Enox soundbar volume with my Roku remote.

To reproduce I just need to turn on my TV, soundbar and Roku. The volume buttons on the Roku remote just do not work anymore for the Audio.

Just to clarify, the audio buttons do not work any more, not while I'm watching something through Roku (like Netflix, Prime or Plex) nor while I'm in the Roku menu system. Before I could at least raise or lower the volume wherever I was located.

However, I did try the new bluetooth device stuff out and connected my Bose QC headphones to the Roku Ultra box. When I do that then I can use the volume buttons (just for the headset).
Maybe that helps in some way to identify the problem. 

Rg,

Kristjan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kristjanh

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kristjanh
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

I have an update on how to see it "glitch".

Start state -> The volume buttons on the Roku remote do not work.
Settings -> Audio -> Digital ouptput format = Passthrough

To make them work I go to Settings -> Audio -> Digital ouptput format -> change it to "Stereo".
Then go to Settings -> System -> Power -> System Restart -> Restart.

When the Roku starts again then the volume buttons work for few seconds. If I play a movie in Amazon Prime then they stop working.
One time I just hit the volume buttons repetedly (in the roku menu) and then suddenly the Roku box restarted out of the blue and after the restart the volume buttons did not work.

To reproduce this change back to "Settings -> Audio -> Digital ouptput format = Passthrough" and then restart. Volume buttons will not work. Re-do the procedure over to "Stereo" and then the volume buttons works for few minutes.

I'm telling you, the 11.5 update did more harm than good. Please rollback until you figure out what is broken.

Regards,
Kristjan

0 Kudos
Kristjanh
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

Did you recieve my last comment about how to see the problem flicker?

Rg,
Kristjan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kristjanh

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that this issue is currently investigating the issue you have reported. At the current time, I do not have any updates to provide, but rest assured once more information is available, I'l be sure to post in this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kristjanh
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R Hi again.

So, .... any news?

0 Kudos