Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [OS 11.5] HDHomerun file playback fails

Jump to solution

Nick here from Silicondust - we have identified/fixed the problem causing this error. Goal is to have the update submitted to Roku for review by end of day.

bwink
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was pleased to find that the app has finally been published.  The fix is working.

0 Kudos
bwink
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

App is now Version 72.0 - build 20221118

0 Kudos
Hank89753
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Excellent

0 Kudos
Stonebrook
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can confirm that the update to the Roku HDHomeRun app fixes the recording playback issue. 

No re-boot/power-off cycling was needed. Just update the HDHomeRun app.

Thanks,

Russ

0 Kudos
adilmana
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The new update worked for me too.  I will monitor through the week. 

Thank you Roku and Silicondust team.

0 Kudos
adilmana
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After using the latest update for a few weeks, while watching recorded video it constantly kicks me out of the recording and I get the following Roku error message: Roku player error: malformed data.  Anybody else getting this error and is there a fix for this?

Thank you.20221129_192835.jpg

0 Kudos
krbr
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] HDHomerun malformed data error

Jump to solution

Have 6 ROKU all have; malformed data error.  On MZ ROKU did the 123 fix no joy.  Did a factory reset, no joy. Have 7 Fire TVs that work as expected. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] HDHomerun malformed data error

Jump to solution

Hello @krbr

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

-If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.
For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues"

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos