Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hank89753
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] HDHomerun file playback fails

Jump to solution

HDHomerun file playback fails. Live channels can be viewed, but playback from DVR of mpeg files produces error message:

roku player error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

diagnostic information captured immediately after errror (home key 5 times, back key 5 times):

Model 4670X - Roku Ultra
Serial number Y008Y737350 (KW99C8737350)
Software version: 11.5.0 Build 4225-46
Timestamp: 2022-10-25T07:25:05Z

but note that system->about shows build 4235-46

Not sure how the how that is possible

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hank89753
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] HDHomerun file playback fails

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Hank89753

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you also provide us with the information below:

1. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hank89753
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Issue only on the HDHomeRun channel when playing files using the DVR playback.

Version 71.0 build 20220617

Model 4670X - Roku Ultra
Serial number Y008Y737350 (KW99C8737350)
Software version: 11.5.0 Build 4235-46
Timestamp: 2022-10-26T21:25:38Z
ID 50-430-405

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hank89753

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have forwarded your information to the appropriate Roku team who will investigate this issue further. Once we have an update, we'll make sure to post it in this thread immediately.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
adilmana
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue.  Please provide guidance on how fix.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @adilmana,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.
In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bwink
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Since a solution has not come to light in three weeks, I need to report the same problem

Model 4800X Roku Ultra
S/N X01000U66GKH (S02A20A66GKH)
SW ver 11.5.0 Build 4235-C2
Timestamp: 2022-11-15T19:14:23Z
issue ID KH-459-074

HDHomeRun Ver 71.0 build 20220617

Thank you for your support.  

0 Kudos
adilmana
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Roku device model: 4800A – Roku Ultra
  • Serial number: X01000HP65U
  • Device ID: S02A209P65UU
  • Software OS/version: 11.5.0  Build 4235-C2
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel: HDHomeRun Version 71.0 Build 20220617
  • Tracker ID:  ID UU-459-314
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message? See Picture #1. Roku Player Error: An unexpected Problem (But not server timeout HT
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Within the HDHomeRun Channel, selecting a recording to watch will cause the error shown in Picture #1. Roku Player Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HT.  This happens right after I selected Watch in Picture #2.

Picture #1Picture #1Picture #2Picture #2Hope this helps your analysis.  Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bwink @adilmana

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stonebrook
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am have exactly the same problem on both a TCL TV and my Roku Ultra 4800X.  I can stream live TV from my HDHomeRun Flex 4k, but cannot view any recorded TV on any Roku.  Recorded TV plays fine on any Window 10 machine, or my Android phone.

I have updated firmware, reset/unplugged everything a couple of times, and still no joy. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rus

0 Kudos